Plank Cooking Recipes
Roasted Sweet Peppers
2 Bell Peppers (red, yellow, green) strips
1/2 Red Onion (thin strips)
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place on the preheated* plank or in a 9"x12" baking dish. Roast in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
*Planks are seasoned with oil and preheated for 15 minutes
at 350 degrees.
1 Salmon Filet
1½ Tbs. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Place Salmon (skin side down) on the preheated* plank or in a baking dish. Combine the Oil, Mustard, Salt and Pepper and brush over fillet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until fish flakes.
*Planks are seasoned with oil and preheated for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
1 ½ - 2 lb. Pork Tenderloin - fresh, boneless, skin on.
1 ½ cups Herb Stuffing - recipe follows
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper - black, ground
1 lb. Baby Boiling Onions - peeled, cut and quartered
1. Remove any excess fat or silverskin from the exterior of the pork tenderloin. Slicing in the side of the loin, butterfly the tenderloin open so it is flat, dont cut all the way through. Sprinkle the interior of the meat with the salt and pepper. Place the stuffing in the center of the meat 1” away from the edges. Fold in the ends and foldover the toptie or skewer the loin closed so no stuffing is showing.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 325°. Place the loin on the plank. Toss the onions in olive oil and place them on the plank around the loin. Place in the oven and let it roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven turn the loin over and return to the ovenand cook until the onions are caramelized and the internal temperature in the center of the stuffing is 130°-140°. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Then slice and serve with the caramelized onion wedges.
1 Tbs. Butter - softened
¼ cup Onion - diced 1/8"
¼ cup Celery - diced 1/8"
¼ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Thyme - dry, whole
¾ tsp. Basil - dry, whole
½ tsp. Savory - dry, whole
4 fl. Oz. Chicken Stock
2 cups Bread Crumbs - dry cubed 1/2" - 1/4"
Place the butter, celery, onion in a sauté pan and cook until tender, don't brown. Add the chicken stock, herbs and salt. Then add the bread crumbs. Mix together well, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the cover and fluff the stuffing. Cool and hold refrigerated until needed.
2 lb. tuna loin
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup cracked pepper
1 clove crushed garlic to liking
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Season the tuna loin with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
2. Completely crust the whole loin with the black pepper.
3. Preheat grill. Soak the plank for 20 minutes.
4. Place loin on the plank, cover and cook 20 minutes, or to liking.
5. Slice the loin into 2-inch slices.
6. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with parsley.
Cedar Plank Ribs
Trim off silver sinew and excess fat. Place each rack on foil.
Select a dry rub or seasoning and apply liberally to the ribs.
Wrap in foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
At meal prep time, soak 2 Oregon Cedar Grill planks for 15 minutes. Preheat grill at high.
Place the ribs on the planks and place planks with ribs on grill.
Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes to bring the planks to a heavy smoke.
At maximum smoke, turn the barbecue temperature to low.
Continue cooking on low for 40-45 minutes. Be sure the barbecue remains covered.
Serve with : homemade coleslaw, baked beans, and corn muffins.
Two racks feed four adults. It’s best on a gas grill as temperature control is much easier.